The Belt and Braces Approach

The belt and braces approach we have adopted in recent games has been a big factor in our sensational and seemingly unstoppable recent form, no??

Our preparation seems to have been meticulous and with a young team of highly motivated and often talented players are carrying out their instructions from Sadler to the letter, no team currently seems able to live with us.

6 Likes

Or maybe some of the absences from the current Team aren’t actually as good as people make them out to be = up turn in results.

Could be as simple as that?

3 Likes

You mean the players who part of the last good run of form over xmas?

2 Likes

If you see this fellow in the Undercroft, don’t be shy.

belt-and-braces

1 Like

Harsh on Farquharson

1 Like

Absolute hogwash/hokum.

When you consider some of the colossal performances Captain Fantastic DD has put in since donning a Saddlers shirt and the immense promise The Priest has shown I just can’t subscribe to that point of view.

8 Likes

What does belt and braces even mean?

It means you keep your trousers on…

4 Likes

The use of two or more actions, double down on something to make it more secure, something like that anyway. Doesn’t really make much sense with our situation, but I have noticed KingCrod is running low on new material lately. I’m sure he will up his game for the run in though.

2 Likes

What’s that mean in football terms though?
I’m to modern for this lol

We’re probably not supposed to be taking this thread too seriously, but " belt and braces" can be a criticism of someone for being over-cautious and risk averse. So given we seem to be playing with less fear, it could be the opposite- that we improved by ditching belt and braces.

1 Like

Are you suggesting that we dispense with shorts as per Golden Gordon/Barnstonworth? :flushed:
I thought you had to get a free transfer away from Walsall for that sort of thing.

1 Like

The kids are playing superb at the mo but inevitably there will be a dip/defeat. DD was playing out of position (Left side of CB).
The natural balance and pacier Taylor Allen has worked lovely on the left of the 3.
DD (although he went on a few mad runs and scored a worldy) is most natural in the centre of the 3. He will have to wait his turn, mind, for Big Dave to drop his standards. Likewise for Farq.

4 Likes

I haven’t a clue as I think we are playing without fear … just the opposite to having a belt AND braces.

1 Like

We don’t want to hold anything back so feck the belt and braces approach get in to um from the get go that’s how we’ve been playing lately

1 Like

He wasn’t, he enjoys playing there.

“I would definitely say it is one of my strong attributes. I think it is why the gaffer plays me on the left side because he knows I can come inside and find the diagonal pass or a third-man runner over the back. I am also very comfortable on my left side.”

Hope I can bring something to this thread as I do know a bit about belt &braces .and Albert Thurston is renowned for his button-on suspenders .established 1820 .and I’m sure kingCrod wouldn’t be seen dead in an other
IMG_1716

2 Likes

Haven’t seen anyone wear braces in ages

Hokum​:joy::joy: what a brilliant word and brilliant reply

Up there with balderdash.

1 Like